Life Energy Flow Tai Yi is an ancient Chinese form of energy work that predates acupuncture. Tai Yi works with the meridian system, the energy distribution system in Chinese medicine. The meridians can be described as energetic rivers that carry physical, emotional, and mental frequencies. According to Chinese medicine, disease occurs when these meridians stagnate, or get out of balance. There are over 4000 different and specific treatments to assist a wide range of issues, including, pain, disease, anger, fear, stress, depression and more. Tai Yi is a powerful and effective tool balancing the flow of energy to create movement and healing throughout the human energy system.
Steps to take before and after your Tai Yi session
- The most appropriate treatment for you will be based on our discussion of what you are working on and what outcome you are seeking.
- Wear comfortable clothing that is not too bulky. It is preferable to wear a solid color. You will be removing your shoes and lying on a massage table.
- Do not consume caffeine for at least one hour before your session.
- Arrive to your appointment focused and relaxed. If you are ill with a virus the day of your appointment, please reschedule.
- You will need to remove all jewelry, belts, watches and anything containing metal as metal will interfere with the sending of energy.
- Give yourself permission to heal. Be open to the energy and to what may surface in the way of emotions, feelings, thoughts, memories, or an overall peaceful calmness.
- It is important to allow the energy to continue working after the treatment so it is advised that you refrain from any hot tubs or whirlpools with jets for at least three days. Do not receive any body work for five to seven days after receiving Tai Yi. This includes chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, chemo infusions, facials, and manicures or any other form of hands on work where applied pressure is involved. This will allow the treatment process to complete and be fully absorbed.
- After the exercise, it is best to spend the rest of the day relaxing. Arrange your schedule to accommodate this time of healing for yourself.
- Drink plenty of water after the treatment and during the next few days that follow.
Call us to make a Tai Yi appointment today!